I’m currently a doctoral researcher at the IoPPN (KCL) researching the neuroscience and psychology of belief and delusion formation, funded through the MRC.
I also give talks on mental health, promote the blend of art and science, produce music, and climb whenever I can.
You can often find me on Twitter @joebarnby.
My current research aims to understand the role of dopamine in the formation and maintenance of beliefs and delusions.
I have been generously given some funding and awards:
- King’s Experience Award for my blend of art and mental health
- Medical Research Council funding to complete my doctoral research
- Funding for my public engagement/art and science venture Senscapes from the Science Gallery, King’s College London, Horizon 2020, and the Wellcome Trust
- Funding to attend The Mind and Life Institute in 2017
- Awarded No.1 for innovation in 2016 at UCL for my developed prototype mindfulness app for students.